South Africa have retained the same 15-man squad that saved the series with Pakistan in October for their two home tests against India later this month. The squad will again be led by captain Graeme Smith, with the backup wicketkeeper position going to Thami Tsolekile ahead of the 20-year-old Quinton de Kock, who hit consecutive centuries against India in the ongoing one-day international series. South Africa lost the first test against Pakistan in Abu Dhabi but came back strongly to win the second match by an innings and 92 runs to square the series 1-1 in Dubai in October. The first test against India will be played at The Wanderers in Johannesburg from December 18-22 and the second at Kingsmead in Durban from December 26-30. More »South Africa name unchanged squad for India tests
Former English Premier League striker DJ Campbell has been arrested as part of a match-fixing investigation, his club Blackburn Rovers said on Monday. "Following reports in today's national media, Blackburn Rovers can confirm that striker DJ Campbell has been arrested," the Championship (second division) club said in a statement. "The club will be making no further comment on what is now an ongoing legal matter." The National Crime Agency (NCA) said on Sunday it had launched a second probe into alleged match-fixing in English soccer after a Sunday newspaper claimed a player told an undercover reporter he could guarantee certain events in a Championship match. Striker Campbell, 32, played for Blackpool and Queen's Park Rangers in the Premier League before joining Blackburn in July. More »Blackburn striker Campbell arrested in match-fixing probe
The 58-year-old is delighted with the Netherlands international's form this season and is set to offer him a new deal, despite the winger's current absence through injury More »Robben set for Bayern Munich contract extension - Rummenigge
PARIS (Reuters) - Paris St Germain centre backs Thiago Silva and Alex have both been rested for their final Champions league Group C match away to Benfica on Tuesday, the French club said. The Brazilian pair have been left at home as a precaution after Silva took a knock during Saturday's 5-0 home victory over Sochaux in Ligue 1 and Alex suffered a minor thigh pain. Brazilian Marquinhos and Frenchman Zoumana Camara are expected to start in their place with Frenchman Christophe Jallet also favoured to replace suspended fullback Gregory Van der Wiel. ... More »PSG add Alex and Silva on rest list for Benfica trip
Sky Deutschland said on Monday it had won the live broadcast rights in Germany for the UEFA Champions League football games until 2018, sending its shares to a five-year high. Shares in Sky Deutschland, which is majority-owned by Rupert Murdoch's entertainment company 21st Century Fox, were up 4.5 percent at 8.07 euros (£6.74) at the top of the European media index. The shares have almost doubled this year as Sky Deutschland continues to add new subscribers. Last month, Rupert Murdoch's other European pay-TV group BSkyB lost the Champions League football rights to BT, sparking fears it may have to pay more for future content deals, including the next Premier League auction which is expected to be held in 2015 for the three seasons from 2016. More »Sky Deutschland wins Champions League broadcast football rights
The Serie A title holders need only a point to qualify for the knockout stages of the Champions League but are set to face a typically hostile reception in Istanbul More »Galatasaray - Juventus Preview: Turkish champions must beat Bianconeri to progress
A host of top players face the prospect of walking a disciplinary tightrope over Tuesday and Wednesday as they bid to reach the knockout stages of the competition More »Vidal, Lewandowski and the players one booking away from Champions League suspension
England are heading for a 5-0 Ashes series drubbing in Australia unless they can recover mentally from two crushing defeats, former captain Michael Vaughan said on Monday. Australia won the second test by 218 runs in Adelaide on Monday, having opened the series with a 381-run drubbing in Brisbane. The third test starts in Perth on Friday at a ground where Australia have won the last six matches between the sides. "The Australians have played a great brand of cricket," Vaughan, who captained England to a home series victory in 2005, told the BBC. More »Vaughan fears 5-0 Ashes series drubbing for England
Jorge Jesus's side must better Olympiakos's result in order to progress to the Champions League round of 16 along with the visitors, who have already won the group More »Benfica - Paris Saint-Germain Preview: Cardozo remains a doubt for must-win clash with Blanc's boys
Manchester United's home defeat by Newcastle United at the weekend left them 13 points behind Premier League leaders Arsenal and in danger of missing out on a Champions League place. With Everton having won at Old Trafford four days earlier, the 20-time English champions have now lost consecutive home league games for the first time since 2002. Here, AFP Sports looks at the factors behind United's alarming slump since David Moyes succeeded Alex Ferguson as manager in July. 1. Flimsiness in central midfield - Not since Roy Keane's pomp have United had a real driving force in the centre of the pitch and their lack of options in that area has been highlighted by an Achilles injury that has sidelined Michael Carrick. More »Football: What's gone wrong for Manchester United?
By Nick Said CAPE TOWN (Reuters) - Weekend matches in the top three tiers of South African soccer have been postponed, while a European Tour golf event in Durban will start a day earlier as the country prepares for the funeral of former president Nelson Mandela. The South African Football Association (SAFA) said they had taken the step due to the high number of stadia that are to be used for memorial services for Mandela, who died on Thursday at the age of 95. A huge memorial service will take place in Johannesburg on Tuesday before Sunday's state burial in Mandela's ancestral home of Qunu in the Eastern Cape. "It has been decided that all Premier Division, National First Division (NFD) and NFD Qualification Competition fixtures scheduled up to and including December 15, 2013 are postponed," SAFA said in a statement on Monday. More »S. Africa soccer matches postponed, golf moved for Mandela services
Correspondent Column: Wayne Veysey assess where the in-form striker stands alongside the likes of Kenny Dalglish and Steven Gerrard in the club's list of all-time greats More »Suarez could be greatest player in Liverpool history if he stays put
By Nick Said CAPE TOWN (Reuters) - Weekend matches in the top three tiers of South African football have been postponed, while a European Tour golf event in Durban will start a day earlier as the country prepares for the funeral of former president Nelson Mandela. The South African Football Association (SAFA) said they had taken the step due to the high number of stadia that are to be used for memorial services for Mandela, who died on Thursday at the age of 95. A huge memorial service will take place in Johannesburg on Tuesday before Sunday's state burial in Mandela's ancestral home of Qunu in the Eastern Cape. "It has been decided that all Premier Division, National First Division (NFD) and NFD Qualification Competition fixtures scheduled up to and including December 15, 2013 are postponed," SAFA said in a statement on Monday. More »South Africa matches postponed, golf moved for Mandela services
Several sides are on the cusp of qualification for the knockouts ahead of the final round of group-stage action, with Napoli and Galatasaray among those in the mix More »Juventus, Borussia Dortmund & the teams who can qualify for the Champions League last 16
The Mumbai FC coach was happy with his side's performance in the Maha derby and denied any rift between him and Mike Snoei after the game.. More »Khalid Jamil: 'Nothing happened between me and Mike Snoei'
Stale Solbakken's men could seal a Europa League place with three points on Tuesday as the Portugal forward prepares to make his much-awaited comeback from injury More »FC Copenhagen - Real Madrid Preview: Ronaldo set for return as Danes look to upset unbeaten Blancos
Tipster Hugh Wilson hit four winners over the weekend and is looking to continue his fine form with a 8/5 value bet from this mid-table Premier League clash on Monday More »Swansea City - Hull City Betting Preview: Expect the Swans to dominate on home turf
The Newcastle midfielder is unaware of any official approach from the Ligue 1 giants but suggests that he would be keen on a switch to the French capital in the future More »Cabaye: Who doesn't want to play for Paris Saint-Germain?
The Philippines two basketball teams both scored victories in their opening matches as the men's team defeated Singapore 88-75 while the women's team won over Malaysia 65-59 at the Zayar Thiri Indoor Stadium in Naypyitaw. More »Sinag escapes tough Singapore squad, Perlas defeats Malaysia
The Bundesliga outfit travel to Basque country needing only to better Shakhtar Donetsk's result against Manchester United to book their place in the knockout stage More »Real Sociedad - Bayer Leverkusen Preview: Hyypia's men hoping to seal last-16 place
By Ian Ransom ADELAIDE (Reuters) - Australia paceman Mitchell Johnson and England all-rounder Ben Stokes have been found not guilty of breaching the code of conduct despite clashing during the second Ashes test, the International Cricket Council (ICC) said on Monday. Both players had pleaded not guilty and match referee Jeff Crowe cleared them of the charges following separate hearings. "We do not condone physical contact, but recognise that on occasions such contact could be accidental." Australia won the second test by 218 runs on Monday to take a 2-0 lead in the five-match Ashes series. More »Johnson and Stokes cleared by ICC after Ashes clash
The England international will replace Costel Pantilimon in goal as the Chilean is keen to keep his key players fit for Saturday's Premier League fixture at home to Arsenal More »Bayern Munich - Manchester City Preview: Hart to start as Pellegrini promises to rotate
The young attacking midfielder, who scored the equalising goal against Arsenal on Sunday, has surprised the Toffees boss with his quick adaptation to English football More »Everton could extend Deulofeu loan from Barcelona, reveals Roberto Martinez
REUTERS - Ajax Amsterdam striker Kolbeinn Sigthorsson has recovered from an ankle injury and is available for their crucial Champions League tie against AC Milan on Wednesday, the Dutch club said. But Ajax will be without injured captain Siem de Jong, Nicolai Boilesen and Lerin Duarte, while defender Joel Veltman will miss the match due to suspension, the Dutch champions said on their website (www.ajax.nl). More »Striker Sigthorsson back for Ajax's trip to Milan