By Sandro Dall'Agnol
Inter are considering making a swoop for Parma striker Sebastian Giovinco, Goal.com can reveal.
The Nerazzurri have yet to approach the forward's current club or his agent, but they are closely monitoring the Italy international's situation.
Giovinco is currently co-owned by Parma and Juventus, and a decision on his future will be made this summer.
Juventus intend to re-acquire the remaining 50 per cent of the player's rights, before cashing in on the 25-year-old by either off-loading him permanently, or including him in a deal that would see Napoli striker Edinson Cavani move to Juventus.
However, there's also a chance that Parma will win the bid for Giovinco's full economic rights, thus giving the Ennio Tardini side the freedom to negotiate with any interested clubs.
Inter sporting director Marco Branca is a keen admirer of Giovinco, but realises there is little chance Juventus will sell the attacker to one of their arch rivals.
The Giuseppe Meazza side appear to be ready to including youngsters such as Luc Castaignos, Coutinho and Marco Faraoni in a potential deal if Parma manage to acquire Giovinco's rights.
The Gialloblu and Inter enjoy a good relationship following the transfers of players such as McDonald Mariga, Jonathan Biabiany and Jonathan in recent years.
News for you
- Yahoo PH Sports - Fri, Dec 6, 2013 11:43 AM PHT
- Yahoo PH Sports - 22 hours ago
- Ball Don't Lie - 23 hours ago
First off, I’d like to join the whole planet in saying a prayer and remembering the great Nelson Mandela. His efforts to change the world are often taken for … More »20 hours ago
The game was everything we could have expected from a Cup Final. At last we saw an approximation of a full house in Emperador. The bleacher section was pretty much … More »Fri, Dec 6, 2013 10:40 AM PHT
Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.
Most Popular »
Today on Yahoo
- Tributes to Mandela at Manchester United AFP News - 13 minutes ago
- Footballer's Qatar woes put spotlight on 'kafala' system AFP News - 48 minutes ago
- Inter deserve to be higher than fourth - Mazzarri GOAL.com - 51 minutes ago
- Ginebra and TNT Face-Off for Solo Third SlamOnline - 1 hour 11 minutes ago
- Ex-F1 driver Kubica named FIA's Personality of the Year AFP News - 1 hour 25 minutes ago
What's your take on the BIR-Manny Pacquiao feud?