By Alex Labidou
Chelsea winger Kevin De Bruyne has stated that he could seek a loan move this season to get more playing time.
The promising attacking midfielder, who was signed by Chelsea in January from Belgian club Genk, admitted to Goal.com that his role is uncertain after the European champions brought in several players who play his position.
"For me, I say it's important to play," De Bruyne told Goal.com. "If it's not at Chelsea, I will go to another club to play."
De Bruyne played the first half of Chelsea's 1-1 draw against Paris Saint-Germain at Yankee Stadium. The 21-year-old said he is still trying to adapt to Chelsea's attacking system in his first training camp with the club.
"We are growing physically and tactically as a team and that's why we're here [on tour]," De Bruyne added. "Yeah, we have to know the team a bit better but it's going quite good for me at the moment. I'm pleased with my adaptation so far. I will grow."
With De Bruyne being a major cog of a young Belgium team that wants to qualify for the World Cup, another year on loan with a clut that gives him a starting role could be the seasoning necessary to improve. De Bruyne said that his plans for next season will be determined after the United States tour.
"We are going to talk after the American tour and we will see what the best option is," De Bruyne stated.
Follow Alex Labidou on
News for you
- Yahoo PH Sports - 8 hours ago
- Yahoo PH Sports - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 11:53 AM PHT
- Ball Don't Lie - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 10:15 AM PHT
The game was everything we could have expected from a Cup Final. At last we saw an approximation of a full house in Emperador. The bleacher section was pretty much … More »9 hours ago
Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.
Most Popular »
Today on Yahoo
- Golf, soccer go ahead in SA after Mandela's death, cricket waits Reuters - 12 minutes ago
- Alves: Comparisons to Guardiola's Barcelona unfair GOAL.com - 17 minutes ago
- Falcao's return for Monaco delayed again Reuters - 22 minutes ago
- Black armbands, tributes for 'hero' Mandela in sports world AFP News - 23 minutes ago
- Formula One's Todt reelected as FIA president AFP News - 25 minutes ago
What's your take on the BIR-Manny Pacquiao feud?