By Alex Labidou
Chelsea winger Kevin De Bruyne has stated that he could seek a loan move this season to get more playing time.
The promising attacking midfielder, who was signed by Chelsea in January from Belgian club Genk, admitted to Goal.com that his role is uncertain after the European champions brought in several players who play his position.
"For me, I say it's important to play," De Bruyne told Goal.com. "If it's not at Chelsea, I will go to another club to play."
De Bruyne played the first half of Chelsea's 1-1 draw against Paris Saint-Germain at Yankee Stadium. The 21-year-old said he is still trying to adapt to Chelsea's attacking system in his first training camp with the club.
"We are growing physically and tactically as a team and that's why we're here [on tour]," De Bruyne added. "Yeah, we have to know the team a bit better but it's going quite good for me at the moment. I'm pleased with my adaptation so far. I will grow."
With De Bruyne being a major cog of a young Belgium team that wants to qualify for the World Cup, another year on loan with a clut that gives him a starting role could be the seasoning necessary to improve. De Bruyne said that his plans for next season will be determined after the United States tour.
"We are going to talk after the American tour and we will see what the best option is," De Bruyne stated.
Follow Alex Labidou on
News for you
- Ball Don't Lie - 8 hours ago
- Ball Don't Lie - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
- Fourth-Place Medal - 23 hours ago
How much have you earned at your job the last seven months? Chances are, it's more than Lolo Jones. Yeah, that Lolo Jones. As you may know, the track star has turned to bobsledding and, well, turns out pushing a … Continue reading → …
The Pinoy youngsters succumbed to a technically superior Indonesia Red Dragons side on Saturday at the Rial Memorial Football Stadium 3-1. But the visitors got a … More »Sun, Jun 16, 2013 12:28 AM PHT
Editor’s note:Yahoo! Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.
Today on Yahoo!
- SNTV Videos
- Kings sign Russian Voynov to six-year contract Reuters - 10 minutes ago
- Blackhawks look to rediscover offense for critical Game Four Reuters - 23 minutes ago
- Ben McLemore’s draft stock is reportedly slipping after some unimpressive workouts Ball Don't Lie - 27 minutes ago
- Brazil players voice support for protesters AFP News - 36 minutes ago
- The 10-man rotation, starring the Spurs, ‘a working example [...] of how the world should be’ Ball Don't Lie - 57 minutes ago
Will the Spurs wrap it up in Game 6?