Up here in the clear air of the French Alps, the hustle and bustle of London 2012 feels an age away.
But it's here that French fencer Laura Flessel is preparing for her 5th Olympic Games and after a disappointing show last time out in Beijing she is determined to make her mark.
SOUNDBITE 1 Laura Flessel (woman) 5-time Olympic medalist (French, 23 secs):
"My motto is to go for the win by inspiring myself with what went wrong at the Games in Beijing, but also above all by imagining the Olympic holy grail."
Tactically aggressive, she has already won 23 international medals, with 5 Olympic ones including epee gold in Atlanta in 1996.
She is known as "the wasp" for her speedy sting and her coach Stephane Riboud believes that despite her failure in China she still has what it takes to suceed in London.
SOUNDBITE 2 Stephane Riboud (man) Trainer (French, xx secs):
"For her age she is already much more experienced, so everything is calculated, it is much more rational, and right now she has an open mind, and is rejuvinated, she is letting herself go more, It is really cool, she is fencing by instincy and that has been her strength over the years.."
With the weight of experience behind her, Flessel is very much the elder stateswoman of the French team..
The 40 year old - who will carry the French flag at the opening ceremony - says that London will be her last games.
And what better way to say goodbye to the sport she has graced for so long than to win the gold medal.
- VAR beauty shots Meribel
- VAR Laura Flessel
- VAR Flessel training with Stephane Riboud
-VAR Laura Flessel
- VAR Flessel
- VAR Meribel
- Thais protest PH swimmer Alkhaldi's … Yahoo PH Sports - 12 hours ago
- Mayweather on next opponent: “If it’s … Yahoo PH Sports - Thu, Dec 12, 2013 1:17 PM PHT
- Sinag romps to 75-point win over My … Yahoo PH Sports - Thu, Dec 12, 2013 8:10 PM PHT
- Zach Randolph gives lucky young fan … Ball Don't Lie - 22 hours ago
- Tony Snell dives for the loose ball, … Ball Don't Lie - 19 hours ago
Olympic bits you must know
Spotlight on Filipino Olympians
- NBA Commissioner David Stern talks about globalization, stepping down, and his legacy
- Thanks to FIBA Asia run, PH climbs 11 spots in world rankings
- PBA backs SBP's bid to host 2013 FIBA-Asia tilt
- Barriga loss stands as protest is rejected
- 'I don't want to celebrate just yet' - Barriga
- Olympic Stories: Father and Son Medalists
- Olympic Stories: The Early Medalists
- 100 Olympic Tidbits: The Last Filipino Medalist
- Three Pinoy Olympic bets and their medal hopes
- Olympic Stories: Freddie Webb