By Greg Stobart
QPR have edged out Stoke City in the race for £10 million-rated Tottenham defender Michael Dawson.
As Goal.com exclusively revealed on Tuesday, the Potters had expressed interest in bringing the defender to the Britannia Stadium, though a "significant" QPR bid was expected.
And Rs boss Mark Hughes has seemingly got his man after being prompted into action following his side's 5-0 defeat to Swansea on the opening day.
Dawson is believed to have fallen out of favour under new Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas following the summer acquisition of Jan Vertonghen, and the club were open to offers above £8m.
The Englishman missed much of the 2011-12 season with ruptured ankle ligaments but has made over 150 Premier League appearances for the north London outfit.
Yorkshire-born Dawson has been with the capital club since 2005, when Spurs swooped to bring him from Nottingham Forest following their relegation to the third tier.
News for you
- Yahoo PH Sports - 21 hours ago
- Yahoo PH Sports - 8 hours ago
- Yahoo PH Sports - Thu, Dec 5, 2013 11:53 AM PHT
By Greg Stobart
First off, I’d like to join the whole planet in saying a prayer and remembering the great Nelson Mandela. His efforts to change the world are often taken for … More »7 hours ago
The game was everything we could have expected from a Cup Final. At last we saw an approximation of a full house in Emperador. The bleacher section was pretty much … More »22 hours ago
Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.
Most Popular »
Today on Yahoo
- Sidnei set to be offered new Perth Glory contract GOAL.com - 26 minutes ago
- On-target Woods fires Sherwood record 62 AFP News - 27 minutes ago
- Mike Mulvey hails gritty Brisbane Roar following Adelaide United win GOAL.com - 31 minutes ago
- Woods takes control with a 62 at Sherwood Reuters - 33 minutes ago
- Lennon hails Celtic ahead of Barca challenge AFP News - 35 minutes ago
What's your take on the BIR-Manny Pacquiao feud?