They were supposed to have dinner Wednesday (Thursday in the Philippines) but Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum and Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez have both agreed to move their meeting next week.
"Juan Manuel asked that the meeting be moved because he is all tied up," said Arum, noting that the meeting will take place in Las Vegas.
Arum said he should know where Marquez stands as to the staging of a fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao for Sept. 14 after they spend some quality time together.
Despite Marquez's bold statements in the Mexican media that he is no longer interested in facing Pacquiao, the 81-year-old Arum believes it is his way of sending a message across.
"I'll ask him how much he wants," said Arum.
Money will be the focal point of the discussion and Marquez is expected to demand a lot more compared to the $6 million that he was paid during the fourth fight that he won convincingly via a sixth-round knockout at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Pacquiao, in contrast, was guaranteed $23 million mainly because of his pay-per-view appeal.
Arum had already done some exploratory talks with Pacquiao's camp, which was represented by the Filipino's Canadian adviser Mike Koncz the past few weeks and Arum has an idea of the kind of numbers that will be raised once he personally talks with Marquez.
RELATED: Donaire, foe set to seal deal
Meanwhile, Nonito Donaire and Guillermo Rigondeaux of Cuba have landed in New York for a planned press conference on Thursday formally announcing their April 13 showdown at Radio City Music Hall in Manhattan.
Still, Donaire is threatening not to show up during the noontime press conference if he doesn't see Rigondeaux's signature on a contract provision that will subject him to random drug testing.
Arum was assured that Rigondeaux's camp will present the signed document before the start of the press conference.
PACQUIAO-MARQUEZ IV FIGHT IMAGES: