By Alex Labidou
Chelsea winger Kevin De Bruyne has stated that he could seek a loan move this season to get more playing time.
The promising attacking midfielder, who was signed by Chelsea in January from Belgian club Genk, admitted to Goal.com that his role is uncertain after the European champions brought in several players who play his position.
"For me, I say it's important to play," De Bruyne told Goal.com. "If it's not at Chelsea, I will go to another club to play."
De Bruyne played the first half of Chelsea's 1-1 draw against Paris Saint-Germain at Yankee Stadium. The 21-year-old said he is still trying to adapt to Chelsea's attacking system in his first training camp with the club.
"We are growing physically and tactically as a team and that's why we're here [on tour]," De Bruyne added. "Yeah, we have to know the team a bit better but it's going quite good for me at the moment. I'm pleased with my adaptation so far. I will grow."
With De Bruyne being a major cog of a young Belgium team that wants to qualify for the World Cup, another year on loan with a clut that gives him a starting role could be the seasoning necessary to improve. De Bruyne said that his plans for next season will be determined after the United States tour.
"We are going to talk after the American tour and we will see what the best option is," De Bruyne stated.
Follow Alex Labidou on
It’s been a thrill having the opportunity to broadcast the PBA D-League Aspirants Cup. I mean, we’re talking about the future Philippine Basketball Association … More »Mon, Feb 16, 2015 3:54 AM PHT
Global loses 6-1 to South China AA of Hong Kong in the first match of the AFC Cup group stage on Wednesday. My thoughts. … More »Thu, Feb 26, 2015 1:57 PM PHT
Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.
- Badstuber & Bellarabi out of Georgia clash GOAL.com - 24 minutes ago
- Embattled Renault threatens to quit F1 AFP News - 24 minutes ago
- Late goals sink Singapore again GOAL.com - 39 minutes ago
- Henry tells France: Stop complaining about Ibrahimovic GOAL.com - 40 minutes ago
- 'Should I just give up playing football?' - Podolski slams media … GOAL.com - 42 minutes ago
Today on Yahoo
- French pilots suing over leaks in German jet crash probe Associated Press - 4 minutes 19 seconds ago
- Lawyer for Knox's ex-boyfriend makes final court appeal Associated Press - 8 minutes ago
- Thai junta leader: I'll fight forced labor in fish industry Associated Press - 10 minutes ago
- French pair wins ice dancing gold at figure skating worlds Associated Press - 13 minutes ago
- The Latest: Co-pilot may have hid illness from employers Associated Press - 15 minutes ago
We still have to ask you: What will happen in Pacquiao-Mayweather?