Not so fast.
Although he is obviously tickled pink by the prospects of facing Manny Pacquiao for a fifth time in 2013, Juan Manuel Marquez clarified yesterday that a deal is not yet in place for another run-in with the Filipino star.
Marquez, still beaming with pride after scoring the biggest win of his career - a brutal sixth-round knockout of Pacquiao last Dec. 8 in Las Vegas - said he would still ask his wife Erika for permission before deciding what to do next.
Apparently, Marquez had promised his family that the fourth fight with Pacquiao would be his last regardless of the outcome.
But pumped up by his smashing showing, Marquez is being asked by close associates to give it one, or two more fights before pulling the curtains to his Hall of Fame career.
''I couldn't even tell if I am going to continue with my career for one more fight,'' the 39-year-old Marquez told boxingscene.
Marquez said he promised her wife Erika that the Pacquiao showdown would be his last but admitted that he is asking her to reconsider.
Mexican promoter Fernando Beltran said Marquez stands to become the highest-paid Mexican puncher ever in the event he pursues a fifth clash with Pacquiao, tentatively set for September, 2013, in time for the celebration of Mexican Independence.
Marquez received $6 million plus a share of pay-per-view in his recent fight and should get much more if he faces Pacquiao again.
The biggest paycheck a Mexican fighter has been guaranteed was a little over $9 million when the legendary Julio Cesar Chavez met Oscar De La Hoya in June, 1996.
Just before leaving for a South African vacation over the weekend, Arum told TMZ that a fifth encounter between Pacquiao and Marquez is in the works.
It could not be determined if Marquez will take on an interim fight sometime in March or April prior to the megabuck Pacquiao duel.
Pacquiao, who is also vacationing in Israel with his family, is also aching to get back into the ring, telling the Bulletin last week that he feels he can fight as early as April.