By Greg Stobart
QPR have edged out Stoke City in the race for £10 million-rated Tottenham defender Michael Dawson.
As Goal.com exclusively revealed on Tuesday, the Potters had expressed interest in bringing the defender to the Britannia Stadium, though a "significant" QPR bid was expected.
And Rs boss Mark Hughes has seemingly got his man after being prompted into action following his side's 5-0 defeat to Swansea on the opening day.
Dawson is believed to have fallen out of favour under new Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas following the summer acquisition of Jan Vertonghen, and the club were open to offers above £8m.
The Englishman missed much of the 2011-12 season with ruptured ankle ligaments but has made over 150 Premier League appearances for the north London outfit.
Yorkshire-born Dawson has been with the capital club since 2005, when Spurs swooped to bring him from Nottingham Forest following their relegation to the third tier.
By Greg Stobart
National University behemoth Jaja Santiago erupted for twenty points as the PLDT TVolution-Philippines Power Pinays opened their campaign in pulsating fashion as … More »5 hours ago
Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.
Most Popular »
Today on Yahoo
- Holder: Hate crimes 'an affront to who we are' Associated Press - 17 minutes ago
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial in DC Associated Press - 18 minutes ago
- Tiny power plants hold promise for nuclear energy Associated Press - 16 minutes ago
- Reid calls rancher's backers 'domestic terrorists' Associated Press - 19 minutes ago
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 Associated Press - 9 minutes ago
Which lower seed will most likely produce an upset in the NBA Playoffs first round?