We tried to gather as many New Year's resolutions we could but could not find any. So we decided to make some for a number of sports personalities.
1. I will not count chickens before they are hatched like saying we will win 50 gold medals in the SEA Games. - POC officials
2. I will not run for POC president again - Go Teng Kok
3. I will always support Ateneo even if some Jesuits disagree with my beliefs - Manny V. Pangilinan
4. I will forever shun GTK knowing he will stab me in the back in the future - Peping Cojuangco Jr.
5. I will not deny funding to NSAs just because they voted against Peping Cojuangco's ticket - PSC chair Richie Garcia
6. I will be very careful dispensing PSC funds knowing that they come from the taxes of ordinary, hard-working Filipinos - PSC chair Richie Garcia
7. I will stop dreaming of playing in the NBA and instead vow to make an impact in the PBA which I have not done - Japeth Aguilar
8. I will try to keep my temper in check and rile against referees only if they eat their snack on court at halftime. - Yeng Guiao
9. I will not be careless and overconfident next time I fight Juan Manuel Marquez - Manny Pacquiao
10. I will not make media interviews again and make a fool of myself in front of millions of people - Dionisia Pacquiao
11. I will not make predictions that Pacquiao will win, most likely by knockout, against any opponent again - Boxing Pundits
12. We promise to win at least two games in the next PBA conference - Globalport, which won 1 game in its debut season.
13. I promise to be more accommodating to media - Juvic Pagunsan, golf's least cooperative interviewee.
14. I will not run in the next POC elections because I will be 82 by then. But who knows? - Peping Cojuangco
15. I will not let my wife interfere with my boxing life - Nonito Donaire
16. After losing to Tim Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez, I vow to stick to my new faith as God is probably just testing me - Manny Pacquiao
17. I will ask my Congress colleagues to pass a resolution declaring Marquez persona non grata - Manny Pacquiao
18. We will wait until the final pay-per-view figures are in before we tax Manny Pacquiao's earnings - BIR
19. I will try to be fair to all teams although San Miguel will get a bigger share of it because it has three teams in the PBA - Commissioner Chito Salud
20. We will let other teams win this year - Ateneo Blue Eagles
21. We will let other teams win this year - San Beda Red Lions
22. I vow to eliminate politics from sports - Sen. Sonny Trillanes (Table Tennis), ex-Cong. Prospero Pichay (chess), Tagaytay Mayor Bambol Tolentino (cycling), ex-Congressman Monico Puentevella (weightlifting)
23. I will have money deducted from my salary each time I fail to score less than 10 points in a game - PBA players earning P350,000 a month
24. Whatever happens, we will try to enjoy sports in 2013 - win, lose or draw. Happy New Year - Filipino sports fans